For the last two years I have been performing improv with the Improv Guild and it has been a life changing experience for me.
In June, a major flood devastated the city of Calgary. Our Improv Guild, a not for profit theatre society, was caught in the middle of the disaster. Our beloved theatre was filled with river water for days leaving behind inches of thick, muddy sludge. Thanks to countless volunteers, we survived. But we sustained more than $20,000 in damages and losses.
We are seeking financial support in the amount of $5,000. This amount will help cover the costs of rebuilding our studio and the replacement of assets essential to our programming. We’re not asking for the entirety of what we lost, just enough to get us back on our feet. Any help is truly appreciated.
This flood hit us at a really hard time. September marks our 10th anniversary as an organization. As a result we had been planning to significantly increase programming and celebrate the success of our small, hardworking arts organization. Because of this flood everything is up in the air.
What We Need & What You Get
We are seeking $5000 in support to help cover the costs of:
- Cleaning supplies, paint, drywall and building supplies
- Ruined furniture such as couches, shelves and tables
- The cost of 2 refrigerators that were lost
- Ruined speakers and other electronic equipment
- Replacement of props and costumes
- Invitation to volunteer and donor appreciation show
- Free tickets to Boardwalk Calgary Improv Festival
- A plaque on our studio wall with your name on it
Be a flood angel. Even $10 will go a long way to help.