Friday, September 29, 2006

Reason #327 I want to go to New York

They're Not Going to Be One-Upped on the Surrealism

Guy #1: You know that Anton Webern's Quartet for the End of Time was performed in a concentration camp? Crazy.

Guy #2: Yeah. He died real weird. I forget how. I think the Nazis shot him.

Total stranger: Actually he was shot by Allied soldiers. He was breaking curfew smoking a cigarette, and they mistook him for his brother-in-law, who was an alleged Nazi spy.

Guy #1: Oh, I see. Thanks.

Total stranger: Any other questions? I just ride this train all day waiting to answer questions on twentieth-century music composition. The next car has an expert on Chekhov, and the conductor studies philosophy.

Guy #1: So anyway, Slavic girls are pretty hot.
Guy #2: Yeah, for real.

--7 train

via Overheard in New York, Sep 26, 2006

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

No comments: