- The musical cue used to warn the dreamers of an upcoming kick is "Non, Je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf. In English thats "No, I regret nothing," a fitting theme for the film, and Marion Cotillard who played Cobb's wife Mal won the Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Piaf in "The Passionate Life of Edith Piaf".
- Hans Zimmer uses the Edith Piaf song, and the time distortion from the dream state as a key to the films musical score.
- The Ellen Page character is named Ariadne, after he daughter of King Minos of Crete in Greek mythology. In the story, she gives a sword and a ball of red fleece thread to Theseus so he can find his way out of the maze of the minotaur. In Inception, she wears a lot of red, in addition to her maze making and hero leading.
- Christopher Nolan reuses imagery from his Batman movies. Posters from both Inception and The Dark Knight are painfully similar.
Also Cillian Murphy does seem to spend a lot of time in the back of vans with a bag over his head.
- The stolen kiss between Arthur and Ariadne is the kernel of a thousand works of fanfiction.
INCEPTION - Tilt by *YoukaiYume on deviantART