Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Quantification of Awesome

As a connoisseur of Awesome, I have been thinking about how to quantify the "Awesomeness" of the world around me. Once we have a base line of what One Metric Awesome is, then we can start making comparisons: That movie was 30 kilo-awesomes. That shirt is like 5 mili-awesomes.

Quickly we see need need for a name for this unit of measurement. Typically these things are named after pioneers in a particular field, such as Tesla, Henry, Gauss, and Bell. I kind of always wondered what would have resulted if one of the early discoveries in electromagnetism was made by a "Lipshitz."

Now this person we name the base unit of measurement after doesn't have to be the most Awesome thing ever, just a great example of it.

I have my own thoughts on this, but I'm looking for input from others.

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "Campbells" after that most awesomest of actors, Bruce Campbell?

Unknown said...

I like it, it has a nice technical ring to it.

How about Bono, from U2? U2 is pretty awesome.

1. "How was the concert?"

2. "It was incredible. It peaked out at around 2.3 kilobonos"

1. "Wow.. that's pretty awesome."